Saturday, June 11, 2011

First Festival

I displayed my paintings at a festival for the first time today. The 7th Annual Carmel Valley Art and Wine Festival.

What a long day. We arrived to set up at 9am and were loaded up and on the road by 6pm. The boys were troopers.

I didn't sell a single piece, but it was nice to see other local artists' works and get the experience of a set-up and tear-down since I'm signed up for the WestEnd Celebration in Sand City in August. I have some things to work on before that though.

We did get to taste some phenomenal wines. Holman Ranch Vineyards just labeled their wines yesterday and today was their first pour. The pinot gris was delicious as was the pinot noir; but I have to say that the rosé was a delight! Surprisingly dry. Check them out if you have a chance. And Scheid is always a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment