Wednesday, May 4, 2011

New Doors

A decade ago I fell off a ladder at work and decided then and there - with more than a little nudge from my wife - that rough construction might not be a good long-term career plan.

I transitioned into custom woodwork and have been doing that ever since. But with the economy the way that it is, even the affluent have been affected and jobs are fewer and far between, and the shop through which I've been working is shutting its doors.

So, as one set of doors slams, I'm looking at another opening. Though this change will mean some belt-tightening and better budgeting for the Mann family, but it also means more time for art. I'm looking forward to more paint on canvas, more time in the studio, and - hopefully - a few more commissions. New doors, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment